Thursday, March 18, 2010

Days 23, 25, 28 and 37

I have been really bad. I have not been taking a picture every day. I have taken some, though, and just never got around to uploading them. To make up for missing so many days, I'm posting more than one photo from some days. Hope you enjoy!

Day 23

I walk the same path every day to and from work and for some reason on this day things were more interesting. I think I was just in an inspired mood. Here's a couple of rusty shots of things I pass by everyday:





For this one I intentionally stood in front of the office as it was getting dark and opened my shutter speed way up to get the blur of passing cars. It would be better on a tripod, but came out interesting anyways.



Day 25

I joined Weight Watchers a few weeks ago and have been trying to eat better. My boyfriend and I decided to try our hand at making our own pizzas using healthier ingredients. They both have whole wheat dough. Mine, in the foreground, had shrimp, spinach and turkey bacon... mmmm. Jim's had olives, spinach, mushrooms and cherry tomatoes. It was actually fun to make these... both the shopping and the actual cooking. We were so excited by how good they looked coming out of the oven, I had to take a photo.



Day 28

This was another day that I saw things differently while walking the 2 blocks to work. And the sun was casting some beautiful light as well. This first one was all about light and shadow:



Just thought the tree looked cool:



More light and shadow:



This is the building I work in. It's really quite funky with all of its sharp edges. And I really liked the reflection.



Day 37 (yes... many, many days without a photo)

So today I got to work late and had to park on the 6th floor roof of my parking garage. Made for some great photos after work. I liked the sunlight hitting the side of this building.



4 comments:

  1. I love these shots! And don't feel guilty. Just like Weight Watchers, if you fall off the wagon, you just have to get right back on. I'm preparing to start my project 365, on April 1. Figured it would be appropriate to start then, because I'll try to remember that I'd be a fool not to follow through. This weekend will be for brainstorming everyday photo ops and reading my camera manual. I know a lot of it, but there are some things I have never used and want to try some stuff.

    Now, enough about me. My favorite of these pix are the building where you work and the rusty pipe. I love architecture in photos, but I'm not very good at it. I plan to work on that over the next year. The rusty pipe is just an interesting shot. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Mel these photos are terrific! Wowzers...I'm really, really impressed! Especially with the open shutter one...I have a hard enough time doing that with a tripod and yours is so crisp without one. You'll have to tell me where a couple of those shots are. I really like the rusty fountain thingy...is that right on our building? So very cool...you should be proud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good job! :) I love seeing what you shoot!
    Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this batch of photos! Very urban feeling to them and I absolutley love the very top one!

    ReplyDelete