Thursday, April 15, 2010

Days 38 & 39

Ok, so it's not really Day 38. But I'm going to stop counting days I didn't post. It's too confusing to remember. And, yes, I know I've been very, very bad about blogging lately. Been bad about taking my photos, too.

I started a new journey a few weeks ago and I just haven't been able to make this a priority for a while. I joined Weight Watchers and have been kicking some serious a**, if I do say so myself. Well, on with the photos...

I spent a wonderful weekend in Nashville with some even more wonderful friends. The weekend included live music and photography — two of my favorite things. On Saturday, we wandered around the Cheekwood Botanical Gardens. Took many, many photos of nature. Here is my favorite of the day:



On Sunday, we stopped by Music Row to photograph a statue that has caused a bit of controversy. It's called the Venus de Milo, but has a nickname that isn't so nice. LOL! I decided on the following photo because you actually can't see the body parts that are the inspiration for the nickname.



I also got a bunch of photos of some live music. But the purpose of this blog is to learn more about what I can do that I haven't done before. So you'll have to see those photos elsewhere.

5 comments:

  1. Nice cropping job *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  2. FAB work on the photos Mel...you've really got an eye for photography. Trust me, I understand about not keeping up with it...you have to let go sometimes if something else comes up. Proud of you with the WW! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I absolutely love the photo of the flower, the texture, the colors, the framing. Just beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love 'em...and like Laura...got the giggles when I realized you had ummmmmmmm covered up our friend LOL! It was fun "shooting" with you!

    ReplyDelete