Tuesday, February 9, 2010

The Decision

Ok. So I've decided to just do it. I'm committing to a 365 Photography Project. It will begin tomorrow. Strange day to start, right? What's February 10th? Well, nothing really... But if I keep putting it off, I will never do it. So here goes nothing!

A little background on me:

I've been a graphic designer for over 17 years. My mother is a crazy Bo Bice fan. (To all the Peeps: I say that with love.) I've been traveling all over the Northeast (and a little Southeast) with her for the past few years to catch him in concert. I've probably seen him 20-30 times. I started off taking pictures at these concerts with her point-and-shoot so she could enjoy the show. It slowly became something I wanted to do.

Eventually, last May, I purchased my first SLR camera. It's a Canon Rebel Xsi with a 50mm f/1.8 lens. I love that lens. I've also been shooting more than Bo Bice. I pretty much can't go to a concert without my camera. If I have to, I feel like I'm missing something. This is my fave photo so far:


So now, I'm pretty good when I'm at a concert or somewhere that has low or no light. Now my problem is that I don't know what to do when I HAVE light. I'm hoping this project will force me to learn more about both my camera and different lighting situations.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mel! So glad you decided to do a 365. I'm finding it a ton of fun. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great idea Mel!!! I would love to do something like this :D I am looking forward to every photo you take. <3

    ReplyDelete